Wix is a cloud-based service that lets you design and Build your site or internet shop without needing to learn how to code.
Building a website with Wix is similar to going to the ice cream parlour: there are so many alternatives to please your mind, and you’ll be certain leave wanting more — and much more. Whether it’s adding the perfect logo, enhancing your SEO or utilizing advanced analytical tools, you constantly have fresh needs to rev up your internet presence, along with your favourite website builder surely has something to satisfy them.
From advanced design effects to powerful tools to market more on line, or instinctive features to communicate with your customers and customers, we’re constantly working with our users in sight.
Fresh from the oven, here are seven new Wix features your website won’t need to miss:
- Your Professional Logo in Minutes
- Jazz up your website with arty, handmade illustrations
- Provide hassle-free customer support
- Discover new ways to offer your solutions with Wix Bookings
- Construct a powerful website community together with Member’s Area
- Use the most advanced Search Engine Optimization tools and capacities
- Track and analyze your site’s functionality like never before
- Its drag and drop interface is rather easy to use.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- A massive range of templates is provided (500+), which are of a high caliber and feature useful sample material.
- Whilst not as comprehensive in terms of e-commerce features as platforms such as Shopify and Bigcommerce, you get quite a lot of bang for your buck in terms of selling attributes.
- An integrated email marketing tool is offered in Wix, and it’s surprisingly good value.
- Wix comprises a vast range of professionally-shot photographs for use on your website.
- You can enhance fundamental functionality readily thanks to a fantastic range of integrations in Wix’s app market.
- Phone assistance is available, which is not true with several other leading site building tools.
- The shortage of responsive site design aside, its SEO attributes are fairly great.
- The’ADI’ version of Wix is quite simple to use and ideal for web site design novices.
- A reasonably well-stocked app shop is available to beef up the performance of your shop.
- A free domain name is included with your very first year of support on most plans.
- A totally free version can be obtained .
- You can’t use another template to your site after you’ve built it.
- You can’t create a GDPR cookie approval banner ad for Wix without fretting about a third-party tool.
- You can’t export digital products.
- You can’t change templates as soon as you’ve built a site.
- You can’t export site articles.
- Authentic multi-currency selling is not feasible.
- Although workarounds are available to generate a Wix website display correctly on a mobile device, the sites which you build with Wix are not fully responsive.
- AMP functionality is only available for blog articles.
Does Wix provide all of the functionality I need for my site?
Wix permits users to create websites using an easy drag-and-drop interface.
A Wix website can be used for:
- Hosting an online forum
- Building an Internet store to sell digital and physical goods
- appointment booking
- Amassing contact details
And much more.
Overall, Wix is a well-featured product that permits a small business without a huge budget to create a website with a lot of functionality. To get a relatively low fee, you can build a site which includes an internet shop, a blog, email marketing, galleries, appointment booking and much else besides.
The platform is pretty simple to use — there are lots of well-designed wizards, support tools, training videos, and help files that provide quite powerful hand-holding for even the most nervous of users.
Wix is not without some flaws and omissions, however.
The use of absolute positioning is a substantial drawback — though there are workarounds available to ensure the mobile version of your site displays well, sites created with Wix aren’t yet genuinely responsive.
Another disadvantage is that Wix makes it difficult to change your mind you will have to stay together with the template you picked when you first built your website, or rebuild it completely.
And, though Wix offers you a means to produce an adequate online shop easily, you can only sell your products in 1 currency.
Ultimately, Wix is a great choice for a small business or individual wanting to quickly create an attractive site with a great deal of features without breaking the bank — if you find yourself in this class, you will be pleased with the assortment of’out of the box’ functionality that Wix provides.
Wix is not as attractive however for companies with a strong reliance on online marketing, or for larger businesses that want more bespoke performance on their site. Those sorts of consumers will definitely be better off considering platforms such as WordPress or Shopify.